Log in

No account? Create an account


more kitty health issues

Journal Info


more kitty health issues

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
Nona got sick over the weekend. Took her to the emergency vet, she was running a fever and she got a blood test that showed elevated white and red blood cells and dehydration. She got subcutaneous fluids (she would not tolerate an IV well) and antibiotics and I took her home (she would not tolerate an overnight stay well).

She perked up on the way, and has been closer to normal (ironic to be HAPPY about her super-annoying morning routine), but closer ain't normal, so we're off to the regular vet, which if nothing else will cost less than the emergency one.

Cost is a burden at the moment: I may have to put off buying that painting, though I hope not. It depends on when the check comes in for work I did a couple of months ago for Dad. I'll be waiting until it's closer to the day to make that call.

*Edit*: We are back from the vet, her fever is gone; since the antibiotic presumably took it down that quickly, he gave me continuing doses for ten days.

Her prognosis is good and Buddha's ear thing cleared up after a week of ear wash and drops, so I will refrain from sighing about Madame High Maintenance.
Powered by LiveJournal.com